Subject: port to bsdi / TOUPPER problem
From: Edward Vielmetti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 92 00:30:33 EST

Hi.  I am porting WWW to BSDI.  So far mostly so good, here are some
notes.

There are some stray dependencies in the Line Mode makefiles that point
hard coded paths at /tmp for making stuff.  /tmp here is tiny, so I
put the stuff in $(HOME)/tmp, but that didn't quite do the job.

It took some amount of fiddling to get everything to build in the
right place, I hacked at it until it all compiled ok but will have
to go back and see what exactly it was that I did...

HTFile.c didn't compile until I commented out one of the two times 
that "tcp.h" was included - the compiler complained about a duplicate
definition of "struct stat".

After all that it compiles fine and seems to work, and 'www -source'
prints out what looks like real genuine HTML sources.  However, it
appears that there's some critical place where TOUPPER is not working
right, since the lower-case <a href=foo:bar>foobar</a> tags don't
get recognized, and the upper-case <TITLE>foobar</TITLE> tags do.  
This kind of ruins the hypertext effect :)

thanks,

--Ed